Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gifts- But Not the Kind You Are Thinking Of

Yesterday at our ward chili cook-off, a friend of mine made a comment about Audra and what she saw as one of her spiritual gifts. I thought I would share, and then invite all of you to share the spiritual gifts you see in your children so far. I realize the children are young, but I thought it might be fun for us- and for them- to look back at what we saw in them, even at such a young age, and if those same traits continue to be a part of them. Be sure and include them as a separate post, and not a comment, or else they will be lost to the blog book!

Audra: My friend (Arienne) noticed, and I agree, that Audra has a way of reaching out to others and making everyone a friend. She said Audra will be one of those people who is friends with everybody and never leaves anybody out. I also see this in her empathy. When someone is upset, she recognizes it and offers a toy, a hug, or a "are you OK, mama?" to help them feel better. She really does seem to notice and care about all those around her- even at such a young age.

Claire: She is only 2 months old, but I will state my observations anyway. Thus far she has a very calm and happy personality. Perhaps this will translate to the same when she is older- it will be fun to see!

2 comments:

  1. You don't have to do them separate, I included all the comments in my last blog book. But if you want to do them separate, you certainly can.

    Hilde - very obedient, lives by rules and loves to make up rules. This can be good and bad. She is very loving and wants to take care of everyone. She is a great big sister and will be a wonderful mom someday.

    Enoch - he has an active mind and imagination which will lead him far in life. He has endless energy and loves to explore and do fun things. I hope this love for life helps him to seek after good things of all shapes and sizes.

    Phinn - soaks everything up with those deep, see right to his soul eyes.

    I love all my kids and can't wait to see what traits they continue to develop as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great question Christina, and really got me thinking. Here are my observations of my children:

    Olivia is a very observant, thoughtful little girl. For months now when you pick her up to give her a hug, she make sure to pat you on the back. She noticed that she liked to be held and her back rubbed, so she does it in return. She always asks for "ugs" for hugs, and "isses" for kisses. She wants to play with her sisters constantly, and she really enjoys being part of the family. She can be very sweet and she loves to baby the smaller kids I sometimes baby-sit.

    Alicia is a firecracker, she has so much energy, but she is also extremely sensitive. She is becoming a great listener, and she really understands her teachers at church and wants to follow there teachings. She picks things up quickly and already reads really well. Lately she has talked about wanting to be a firefighter, and I think it is because she loves the idea of rescuing people. She wants to be a girl firefighter, and her energy and determination would make her perfect for that job.

    Tabatha, as our oldest, is also the one to focus on the simple things in life. She doesn't like all the distractions. She knows that she should pray, and she will bow her head anywhere to talk to her Heavenly Father. She also wants to listen and to "do good" as she puts it. She is learning to reach out to others and hates to see people break rules or to hurt others in any way. She tries to stand up for everyone, whether they want her to intervene or not. I see her as a protector.

    All of my children are wonderful, they astound us with their wit, their passion for life, and their ability to find joy in everything. I am lucky that they have come into my life and I agree with Michelle that I can't wait to see how they grow and develop, I am sure they will surprise and amaze me just as they do now.

    ReplyDelete