Although it was a very short trip for me, I was incredibly glad to be at Grandma's funeral. I saw family that I hadn't seen in about 15 years, and I was pretty hesitant when saying names. The viewing was particularly nice since we got a lot of time to catch up. I really liked talking to all those Highs and Huffmans. It did seem weird to be in Blackfoot and not spending time with the other side of our family, but I was glad to give Brent a hug and catch up with Keith and Reva vicariously by living in their home. Here are the best pictures from what I took.
Freya wanted Pinky to be with Jesus for a picture.
Cheese!
Me and my girl.
The old baptismal font where dad and mom were both baptized. It is in the basement of the funeral home, which is the old tabernacle.
Here are some pictures of the interment.
Freya insisted on stopping and smelling as many flowers in the cemetery as I would allow.
I love this picture of the Greg High kids providing graveside music.
I was glad I got a quick shot of Matt laying his flower on grandma's casket. A sweet moment.
The luncheon afterwards was so well done. And it provided another chance to talk.
I love this picture of dad and Freya.
I am pretty sure Freya was trying to steal mom's necklace.
This is a pretty good group shot of us.
Dave says he knows where dad got his camera "look" from. Freya fits in just fine!
I love you all and am glad to call you my family.


I'm glad you posted these- I think yours are better than mine. Can you e-mail these to me? I will add them to the disc I need to put together.
ReplyDelete