I am sitting in our living room under my blanket, nice and snuggly. It is very lightly snowing outside. All winter we have vacillated from really warm to bitterly cold temperatures. I feel like we moved to Denver except no snow! When it has been cold the snowfall has been so tiny it just blows in your eye like sand, and there hasn't been more than about an inch on the ground at any point at time. A couple of days ago it was 70 degrees and we introduced Freya to bubbles - she LOVES them. What are you guys up to? Any great ideas for Valentines?
Sounds like our winter! We have had almost no snow. If we don't get any soon it will really hurt us this summer. The girls keep wanting to go sledding, but we haven't been able to yet this year.
ReplyDeleteHey Shells, what great pictures of Freya. She looks so big. I hope we can come out this summer and see her in person, we would love for the cousins to know each other better.
ReplyDeleteOur weather here has been pretty mild. We had one day of slight snow where school was cancelled due to icy conditions, but other than than it has just been wet and cold here. We looked outside a few nights ago to really thick fog, it reminded me of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and the pea soup comment.
You asked for Valentine's ideas, and I happen to be looking into it. We are doing a few Valentine parties with Tabatha and Alicia on Saturday. When Tabatha and Alicia went to new classes this year most of their friends went to different classes. They miss them a lot, so we decided to invite a few of them over to play some Valentine games, mostly from what I found on Pinterest. We will decorate a few heart-shaped sugar cookies (Gluten free for Tabatha) and get some balloons and crafts. We are going to play Minute to Win it Games using conversation hearts (they will stack them, use chopsticks to pick them up, and play a matching game with them). Then we will get some candy and wrap them interspersed in a large saran wrap ball. They will have to go around the circle with a pair of dice, and when they role a 1 and a four (for Valentine's Day) they will come into the middle of the room, put on a pair of gloves, and try to unwrap the ball of Saran Wrap. What they unwrap they keep and they go until the next person gets a 1 and a 4. I did this in MOPS a few years ago and we laughed so hard and had such a great time that I wanted to recreate it.
Sorry if this is long, but I thought I would share my quick ideas. If anyone has anything easier, yet just as fun let me know, I am willing to try anything. Love you all!
Great ideas Melissa, how fun! I am having playgroup over here for a bunch of 2 years olds on Valentines and we are going to mostly play, but I am going to make sugar cookies and cream cheese frosting and have them decorate them with fruit for snack. I was thinking of doing an all red meal for my kids too. Red grape juice, tomato soup, slices of red pepper, strawberries, red fruit dip, anything else I can think of. There is about a 35% chance I actually do it.
ReplyDelete