Monday, February 20, 2012

Grandma's 80th

For those of you who were able to attend Grandma's big 80th bash, can you post pictures and give the rest of us (mainly me) a re-cap?  Also, I have been dying to know the answers to the postcard questions they sent.  If you know what they are, can you share???

Matching Fun Facts About Nadine (the information from the card is in black, my guesses are in green)

6                      Bowling Average 186
20                    Number of Children  6
186                  Heaviest Baby  8 lbs - I am REALLY hoping this isn't 13 1/2 lbs
63                    Number of Grandchildren 54
26                    Number of Great Grandchildren  26
54                    Largest Fish Caught  13 1/2 lbs
8 Lbs               Address 94
94                    Years Happily Married to Leo 63
61                    Years Worked at JC Penneys 20
13 1/2 Lbs       Years Lived in Blackfoot 61

3 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle -
    You are right in almost all of your answers. The only main difference is that Grandma has 26 Grandchildren and 54 Great Grandchildren.

    Stephanie, Matt & Ilea with Alexandra, mom and dad and myself all had a chance to go to Idaho to see Grandma. It was wonderful to see so many cousins with their families. Brandon is expecting baby #6 and Craig just became engaged to a woman who has 5 daughters, he proposed on top of a Mayan ruin with his parents and siblings watching. They were on a cruise at the time through Mexico.

    It is amazing that Madalina is graduating from high school in a few days (a semester early) and that Dennis is coming home from his mission from New Jersey in June. Most of the Huffmans live in Boise now, so Aunt Janet and Uncle Steve bought a second home there to visit more often with the many grandkids.

    We got to talk to Aunt Elaine (although is she still considered an Aunt, I think so). Many great aunts and uncles were there too, Grandma's sister Joyce came, as well as Grandpa's brothers Kenneth and George. If I have anything wrong - I am sure mom and dad will fix it.

    All in all, it was wonderful to see everyone, but especially Grandma. She really seemed to enjoy seeing all the grandkids, great grandkids, and all the people who came to wish her well. She seemed so happy.

    Stephanie took most of the pictures so I don't have any pictures to post, but I have wonderful memories of this last week-end with so many family members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They actually did not have an official correct list out because one of the numbers kept changing (number of great grandkids; imagine that). Grandma and Grandpa have lived in Blackfoot for 54 years, and the number of great grandchildren was supposed to be 61, but that was actually 63, the same number as the years she has been happily married. And, they have 26 Grandchildren.

    Mom has a newspaper article that Janet had published in the newspaper that she'll have to scan and include in a blog post. I will put my pictures from the party up, although there are not a lot because there was an official photographer there and they are going to make a DVD of the pictures as well as give people copies of the images. It was great to go and see everyone though - and to meet at one place instead of driving to everyone's house! Grandma said she missed you and Christina, but understands why you couldn't make it. She was thrilled with the amount of people who could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome Melissa. I remember our summers in Idaho very fondly and would have loved to get a chance to see everyone in one place again. I am glad that most of our family was there.

    ReplyDelete