Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Looking for a Recipe

Do any of you guys have a good bread recipe? Specifically, I am looking for a good recipe that makes very good sandwich bread. The sandwich bread recipe I have now makes...crumbly bread for lack of a better word. I really want just a simply recipe that makes yummy sandwiches. Please share!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a bread maker, or else I would make a lot more bread. I typically make breads other than sandwich. But the other day I bought Rhodes frozen bread dough at our Commissary and baked it the other day, the kids LOVED it. So that is a quick option I might do again in the future. Sorry I can't be more help this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this, but it is supposed to be good. I usually just use Grandma's bread recipe from our High Family Favorites cookbook and I haven't had problems with that. It's a little crumby, but works. Anyway, here you go:

    4 Grain Bread:
    Ingredients

    * 1 1/2 cups water (70 to 80 degrees F)
    * 1/2 cup honey
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    * 2 cups bread flour
    * 1 cup whole wheat flour
    * 3/4 cup rye flour
    * 3/4 cup cornmeal
    * 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

    Directions

    1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, I posted that under Makenna. It was really me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how Makenna became such a good cook! Thanks for the recipe- I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete