Thursday, September 23, 2010

Makenna Paige DeCremer

As you all know by now, Makenna was born! So, here is a short rundown of the story. We dropped the girls off at daycare at 8:15 am and then came home. We took showers, got ready for the day, and then prepared to run some errands. My doctor called and I set up an appointment to be induced on Wednesday, and told her I was having some contractions, but we'd see if it was false labor or would turn into real labor. We were about ready to leave and decided to swing by the hospital AFTER an errand since my contractions were a little more regular and getting a little more painful. Here I am at 11 am after we got to the hospital.
I was in an "on watch" state. The nurse told me that they'd check me to see if I was dilated more than the 2 I was at last Wednesday and if not they'd wait an hour then check again. If I was still at a 2 they'd send me home. If I was at a 4 or above I'd stay to have the baby that day. So, they checked and I was at a 7. So, we were well on our way to having a baby. We called mom and she headed over.

A mere hour and 25 minutes later we welcomed Makenna Paige into the world. She was 8 lbs 14 ounces and 20-1/4" long. It was a fast labor with no drugs and a lot of excitement. Luckily, we were able to sleep well Sunday night since she waited to come until mid day. She was pretty tired though and fell right to sleep while daddy gave her a bath.
She slept for about 4 hours after that too. Here she is as we prepared to be transported to our Mother Baby room.
Grandma with her newest grand daughter.
And, daddy with his littlest girl.
The family together. Katie and Aubrey sure do LOVE their little sister. They want to hold her all day.
Ready to go home.
And, in her crib resting at home. She sure is one cute, tired baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment